First impressions matter, especially when it comes to your website. In today’s digital age, potential customers will often judge your business based on your website. If your site is not up to par, they may move on to a competitor’s site without giving you a second chance. It is important to make sure that your website makes a good first impression. The design of your site should be professional and modern. Additionally, the content on your site should be well-written and relevant to your target audience. Your website is one of the most important tools you have for marketing your business. Make sure you are making a good first impression by investing in quality website design.
1. Your website looks outdated: If your website looks like it was designed a few years ago, it’s probably time for an update. Just the same as you showroom, you would not have VCR's and 8-Track players on display, you need to continue to invest and only show the latest and greatest! Your virtual showroom is no different, just because websites started in the 90's doesn't mean yours should look like it. You are a technology company and an outdated website is a sure way to turn off your tech-seeking visitors!
2. You’re not getting any traffic. If you’ve noticed that your website traffic has dwindled, it could be due to an outdated design. Google and other search engines understand every aspect of your website including the design. Not only will having an outdated site turn clients away fast, which will hurt you rankings but it is important to keep refreshing your site. Nobody wants to keep reading yesterdays news which eventually turns into last years news. Make sure you update your site regularly to keep visitors coming back to see what's new!
3. You’re not generating any leads. An outdated website can also lead to a decrease in leads and sales. By using today's techniques to garner attention and keeping visitors engaged is a huge part of our online strategy. Even having forms structured and designed properly with the latest practices will help grow engagement and leads.
4. Your bounce rate is high. A high bounce rate means that visitors are leaving your site quickly, which could be due to a number of factors, including an unattractive design. I am sure you have visited a site and found the print hard to read, the entire site to dark or just slow loading, all of these will send visitors to your competitors. We optimize each page to make sure it is appealing, fast and informative. You can read more about how we create user friendly websites.
5. You’re losing customers. If you’ve noticed that you’re losing customers, it could be because your website is not meeting their needs. Many businesses do something to say they did it and that is surely the wrong approach when it comes to your website! Having just a few pages to educate clients on what you do will never suffice and each page should be about a specific service or product you offer. As an example you should have a separate and extremely informative page for "outdoor TV" and "Outdoor speakers". Trying to save money and time will only hurt your chances of listing in organic search results and being able to fulfill your visitors appetite. They are searching google to find out all they can about their need and you should provide them with every piece of information available.
6. You’re not mobile-friendly. In today’s digital age, it’s important to have a website that is responsive and mobile-friendly. Over 50% of visitors are on the cell phone and google indexes your site from your mobile platform first not the desktop version so it it that much more important to have a mobile user friendly website. This includes clearly readable titles and text as well as the right images that tell a story on smaller displays. The entire layout may be different from the desktop version but completely necessary to appeal to mobile users.
7. Your competitors have better websites. If your competitors have better-designed websites, it’s time to level the playing field with an update. This is where we really shine, many of your competitors have the same cookie-cutter template and most likely the same context. This will certainly turn users off and especially search engine algorithms. Again, it is no different than walking into a brick and mortar showroom, don't you want to set yourself apart from your local competition?
8. You want to rebrand. If you’re looking to rebrand your business, updating your website design is a great place to start. Many companies like to freshen up their colors, logo and design to modernize their appearance and this is the perfect time to implement a new website!
9. You’re not getting any organic traffic. If you rely heavily on organic traffic, an outdated website could be to blame. Google is sales! Anytime someone goes to google and searches one of your services they are interested in buying it! But you need visibility and your company must come up on the first page of google, organically! You can run google AdWords to double-down on your awareness but having a solid SEO strategy that gives you long term search results for each of your services is key.
10. You want to improve your conversion rate. If you’re looking to improve your conversion rate, a fresh, new design can make all the difference. Having a great design with simple terminology is the key to grabbing attention and trust. The more they like your website and engage with it the more likely they are to choose you to do their work. Having a plain, pale website with hard to navigate menu and slow loafing pages will hurt every part of your investment.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, it’s time to update your website design. Contact a web design agency today to get started.